Tuesday, April 22, 2014

RED

When you try listing down the list of favourites, we kind of realise our obsession with the same. I realised same while cleaning my closet and arranging my clothes and accessories. I have a big obsession with Red.
Not that I do not like the other colours, but there’s a clear likeness towards shades of blue, purple, black and white and an obsession with red. Red is the colour that defines vitality, strength and health or blood. 

Some say, red is chosen by people who are ambitious by nature but can be abrupt at times, judge people easily and take sides apart from being determined to get what they aim for. Usually optimistic, they can be restless and may not be aware of their own shortcomings. Some are true and some are not in my case. 
However, there’s a tendency to choose anything and everything that is red and bright in nature.

The love for solid colours that I have reflects on my clothes and accessories badly. I have a couple of red bags in various sizes, blue and black bags to complement few good clothes, T-shirts and kurtis is red, blue, white and black mostly and few in purple, the phone is purple (thanks to Sony!) and the phone cover is red again! Oh yes, I got new shoes in velvet blue recently.

When a friend asked about this obsession for red and the other colours, I had nothing to say but just that the heart and mind stay at peace when I have these colours around. Red is the colour of danger and blood, but it is also the colour of sindoor and the traditional Bengali saree (white saree with red border). It is the colour that looks best on me.

I am linking this post to A to Z Challenge #Day 18 for alphabet R.


2 comments:

  1. Cleaning one's closet can open one's eyes to a number of interesting facts about oneself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think I have anything red in my closet! I lean toward darker colors - blues and purples especially. :)

    Madeline @ The Shellshank Redemption
    Minion, Capt. Alex's Ninja Minion Army
    The 2014 Blogging from A-Z Challenge

    ReplyDelete




Debjani Baidyaray