Friday, April 18, 2014

Phones and me!

What is that one thing that you makes you feel paralysed if you don’t have it? That very thing, in my life, is my phone.

I guess all of us would agree that if you don’t have a phone, you feel incomplete. Like something big is missing in your life. And to top that, if that’s an uber smart phone. The need of having a mobile device struck me badly when my mom and I went to watch a movie and we had to wait for my sister and brother-in-law to join us. Now, we were waiting on the front side of INOX while they were looking for us at the back gate. The confusion easily ate about 15 minutes of ours and I panicked that I will miss the advertisements and the trailers of the upcoming movies. Then I had declared, having a phone is a necessity now, do you realise that Ma? She agreed.

I got my first phone, a Nokia one when I started my Graduation studies. The phone was a killer one because it had white light (the others were green light), polyphonic ringtones, radio (even the color screened phones lacked that) and multi-colored keypad. I used this phone for about 4 years until I realised, having a camera phone is a necessity now. So, the second one that I had was a special one. It was used by one of my favourite TV actors in a serial and I somehow, fell for it. The same features with the additions of color screen and camera. But the phone died a premature death when the battery started conking off within hours. I had a difficult decision to take.

By now, I was earning. So, I deserved to buy a cool swanky phone. I chose Samsung slide phone, silver color, great audio quality, internet facilities and more. The phone became a big hit among peers and family members, for I got appreciated for the choice I made. However, despite being in love with that phone, technology played the brain wash game. I got drawn towards the smart phone group and wanted one. The phone that I had now was a LG phone. It gave me apps, Gmail and Gtalk. Ah! An android smart phone.
When I bought the LG phone, the shop keeper had said, Madam, you will be using this phone only for a year or two, right? I asked why? He replied, Android keeps updating its version. So, many new things that will come may not play in your phone. Give me your email id, I will mail update you with details of new phones. I ignored him for the time being, but sooner realised, he was correct.

Having a smart phone is no big deal these days for we all own one each. The deal is what phone we use, how the OS is and what are the apps? The next phone that I planned to buy was a Samsung Galaxy Grand. I bought it too but unfortunately, the phone got flicked at a bus stop in Bangalore. Almost two months without a smart phone and back to basics, it was tough. It was like I was cut off the society and conversation with friends. And I could not take it anymore.

Now, I own a cool Sony Xperia phone. It’s a nice and swanky one!

So, say over a period of seven years, I have owned about 6 phones, and each a version higher than the last one. So, you can guess now, phones are as integral part of me as is using a computer for work.

I am linking this post to A to Z Challenge #Day 16 for the alphabet P.


1 comment:

  1. I agree. I have to force myself not to take my phone with me everywhere I go. I got my first mobile phone when my wife was pregnant with our first child. That was 19 years ago, and I don't know how I managed my life before that. I have an HTC Desire Z. Superceded now but still a very good phone.

    ReplyDelete




Debjani Baidyaray