Friday, April 11, 2014

Ice creams: God’s gift to control my mood swings!

Mood swings are rapid changes in the mood. They are unpredictable and can be triggered by many factors such as bad food in the cafeteria, extra work allotted on a Thursday and to be submitted on a Friday, waiting for more than 20 mins and not one bus that goes to my place comes or listen to constant yapping on the same old things again and again. Well, I mentioned only the few that make my mood go mad and take time to be normal. However, the one reason that has been dampening my spirit and making my swing high and low all the time lately is the summer in Bangalore.

Bangalore is known to have a cool and pleasant weather throughout the year and people do get jealous when I say, it’s pleasant here today. But not anymore! The mornings are hot and travelling in a bus to reach workplace sounds like the worst task ever. And the brunt of my mood swings are faced by my mom when she calls me in the morning or others who call to check on the works, etc. I mean, it’s simply impossible for me to control this particular mood swing thing every day. And to deal with it, I had to find out a solution and realised that only one thing can keep me calm and get back to normalcy. Its ice creams.

No matter what happens, ice creams have always been that comfort food that melts my soul, cools me down and gives me a fresh lease of life the very second I start having it. Be it a cup, a cone, a double scoop bowl or simply tasting before choosing the flavour, I am ever ready in this case. The Sundaes, the Hot Chocolate Fudge, the fruit and jelly mix in ice creams or the chocolate chip loaded vanilla ice cream, all are all time favourites and I keep juggling between them. I also like the natural fruit flavoured ice creams occasionally like the Mango and the anjeer and the apple flavors.

Three Layered Ice cream with Fruits

at Berry'd Alive

Black Forest cake with vanilla ice cream and chocolate sauce




My regular stops for having mouth-watering delicious ice creams in Bangalore include Corner House, Baskin Robbins and Naturals. I also like Beery’d Alive for their presentation skills. And on the normal days when I just need to pick up a cone and a scoop to calm down myself, McDonalds and Cornetto cones from Kwality Walls are my stopover places.

All of us have some or the other comfort foods that we can’t do without. Although you may be thinking that I survive on ice creams and they are my medicines to calm me down, it’s not the case. Ice creams are like saviours who knows how to calm my soul and give me a moment of peace. I do keep a check on my mood swings and look for options that can calm me down but unfortunately, nothing works as good as ice creams.

So, that’s me and my relationship with ice creams.


I am linking my post to A to Z Challenge #Day 9 for alphabet I.

2 comments:

  1. Ice cream is the ultimate comfort food for millions, maybe billions of people so you are not alone. I prefer chocolate but I like ice cream too, and the ones in your pictures look wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting ice-creams and photos!

    I visit Bangalore occasionally, and I agree that, over the years, the city has become much warmer.

    ReplyDelete




Debjani Baidyaray