Tuesday, April 8, 2014

F for Fitness

I chose to write on Fashion for the alphabet F first but thought of writing on something that is something I am more associated with, Fitness.

I have always been this cute and chubby. Like real chubby, the cheeks overflowing in the childhood and even now, if not bulging but they are in their round shapes. So, I always look fat no matter what I do. Now this is partly genetic and partly self-made. When people used to call me chubby and cute in my younger days, I always took it as a compliment and thought, let it be that way. So the genuine interest towards exercising and staying fit never crossed a single corner in my mind. And to top it, I love eating. So the whole thing contributed towards making me this cute girl even now.

Well, as time passed by and the woman inside me urged to come out, there was a high desire to get out of the chubby mode and become the lean and pretty one. And that required, dieting and exercising. Now, dieting always meant less eating, skipping meals until I knew they were wrong and exercising meant walking and running every morning and evening. So, at one point, I did lose weight, became lean but not pretty. I looked sick and tired. Like I have been punished and made to starve. This was not what I hope for.

Rounds of research and discussions led to me understand the importance of looking beautiful and pretty by staying fit. Fitness is about eating in moderation, not skipping meals but eating something at regular interval to boost metabolism, walk, run and jump at least 30 minutes a day and stay happy. While it took me some time to adopt these changes, once I started feeling its benefits, it got me motivated. The benefits being getting to wear the clothes that are not meant for plus size, keep the extra fat out from the tummy zone and feel flat, and look healthy and nice overall.

Yes, for us office goers, managing so many things require effective management. So, I devised a simple plan for myself: not to skip breakfast, keep munching food in smaller amounts, drink water to wash out toxins, go to the gym and work out at least 45 mins a day, end with a light dinner and sleep peacefully. The only thing that I haven’t been able to manage is stress and letting the chubby cheeks go. That’s a work in progress! It did look unachievable at some point but sticking on to the plan and having patience to see the results worked. Now, I have more options of shopping and cooking different foods that suit the body.

It is never late to start living a healthy life and that’s what I realised when I turned into a thin sick girl. A fit body guarantees pretty face plus healthy self. Trust me, it works!


I am linking this post to A to Z Challenge #Day 6 for the alphabet F.

No comments:

Post a Comment




Debjani Baidyaray