Wednesday, July 16, 2014

When I woke up choked from my sleep!

The nephew, in his first couple of years, had built the habit of taking his afternoon nap with me. Well, I understand the fun and the need to sleep in the afternoon, which I ignored (unfortunately) in my childhood days. And so does my sister. That's why, she insisted that my nephew should sleep in the afternoon so that he doesn't regret not doing so in his later years.

So, both of us are blissfully sleeping after hours of story book reading and coaxing the little devil to sleep. Now, babies crawl and climb on you unintentionally. No offense there. But, he found a better way. In his sleep, on this day, he didn't climb on me. Instead, he rested his little head with spiked hair on my throat comfortably. Interestingly, the head and my throat fit beautifully.

Photo Credit: www.dreamstime.com

I was having some weird afternoon dream where I was about to enjoy my ice cream but suddenly I find someone strangling me to prevent me from having my ice cream! I panicked and screamed in my dream and wake up scared. Oh! Thank God, it was only a dream and why do I still feel choked and why is that something scruffy? And to top it all, I am not able to move myself. Then it finally dawned upon me, the little sleeping baby had found himself a comfortable fitting pillow! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment




Debjani Baidyaray